Sunday, March 6, 2011

my ode to fresh and easy

I must apologize to fresh and easy. I originally wrote them off because they were a smaller store and they didn't have a wide variety and selection of foods there... I also figured I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the deals I kept receiving in the mail because I didn't like their produce selection and I couldn't use the coupons they sent me to go towards dairy purchases.

With my fiance now here, and since his cute meat eating self eats double what I do, I must now eat my works and thank fresh and easy. Please continue to send me $5 off coupons... and i'll keep shopping there =)

Last week I was able to use a $5 off a purchase of $20 (not including dairy, alcohol, or giftcards) to purchase:
Apple juice $ 1.99
Steak (2) $ 5.47
Chicken Breasts (1.99 lb) $ 8.58
Butter (3 packages) $ 2.97
Bananas (2) $ 0.38
Toilet Paper (Free with $5 off Coupon)
$ 4.99
Tax $ 0.35

Spending $19.73... and then hitting Ralph's like normal along with Henry's.

and again, this week as well I could take advantage of the deal again since they sent me a new coupon attached to the ad. In fact we were able to pick up almost all of our groceries this week at fresh and easy (sans produce, which I will buy at Henry's because the selection is better.)

1 hot dog package
$ 1.19
16 oz shredded cheese $ 3.99
1 lb of tomatoes $ 0.98
chili powder $ 1.99
1lb frozen peas $ 0.99
ranch dressing $ 1.89
4 lbs white granulated sugar (Free with $5.00 off) $ 3.69
2 cans of tomato sauce (Free with $5.00 off) $ 0.78
2 lbs of ground beef $ 3.98
burger buns (Free with $5.00 off) $ 1.19
kidney beans (Free with $5.00 off) $ 0.79
tortilla chips $ 2.99
parmesan cheese $ 2.99
white bread (Free with $5.00 off) $ 1.19
Sprite soda (Free with $5.00 off) $ 0.89
CRV (Free with $5.00 off)
$ 0.10

for $24.69 =) This week we bought 2 gallons of fat free milk, 2.5 lbs of spinach, and 2 packages of deli meat from Costco (using my AMX rebate check so it was only about $5 out of pocket)... and now all I need to pick up is some apples, bananas, Lettuce, Zucchini, from Henry's & dishwasher soap I'll probably pick up from target since I have a gift card with about $3 on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment