Friday, March 25, 2011

Why I still like my realtors… and why they will get my future business.

When I first bought my house I originally started the journey with one realtor who I felt didn’t think I was worth the ground I was standing on because I was so young … so, since I didn’t sign a contract with her, I canned her and grabbed a referral from my old church… some woman who dropped her kid off at the after school program there. Between her and her partner, they showed me over 40 units, told me it was okay to decide to turn down a counter offer if I didn’t love the place and didn’t want to pay more, and really listened to what I wanted out of a home… Even if it meant showing me the same place 2 or 3 times to make sure it was something I really wanted.

They even popped by months later after we closed, post remodel, to drop off a home warming present and to see all the new work I did on the place to make it “home”. (Yes, I’m sure they were also scoping out my place for future sell-a-ability, but that’s their job too!) Besides Christmas Cards, what really took the cake for me was the fact that they took an interest in me.

Knowing I was young, they realized I had HUGE potential as a referral candidate. I’m the only one of my friends to have bought any property at all… and once my friends get there, who do you think they are going to ask for help… me….

So, why am I writing this all right now? Well, as you all know, I’ve been training for the LA Marathon and trying to raise money for Child Share… well, one of my realtors just donated $50 to sponsor me when I sent out my final email blast to update people on my training and fundraising progress… That simple gesture, has probably made me his client for life now. They take an interest in my interests. That $50 donation means I’m calling them when I need to sell my condo… That’s $50 well spent (with a tax deduction too!).

You can still donate to the cause!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/amanda-bellamy/la-marathon


No comments:

Post a Comment