Saturday, February 12, 2011

What it cost me in real dollars to live in my condo in 2010

Last year in 2010 I spent $14,480.98 to live in my condo.
  • (Mortgage, Interest, HOA Fees, Property Taxes, Electrician, Homeowners Insurance, Earthquake Coverage...)

but I got back $1,548.00 from Uncle Sam and the State of California because my condo allowed me to itemize. (This is the amount ABOVE the return I would have gotten back from taking the standard deduction.)

Making my realized housing costs for 2010 $12,932.98... or $1,077.74 a month (not including the equity i'll get from the home when I sell... and that figure includes the cost of all the "extra" i paid on the mortgage as an "expense".)

Ah, the perks of homeownership... now if I can only get out of the RED... that would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment