Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My 5th week as a Vegetarian

This delicious week came from Ralphs… I got lucky and found some “manager special” items (a Package of good sized Stuffed mushrooms for 99 cents (8 in a package and I got 2 packages), a personal spinach salad with nice treats inside (feta, walnuts, and raisins) for 99 cents too). I also had a work conference and they actually had a vegetarian option (Mushroom, bell pepper and cucumber sandwich with pasta salad!) happy belly!
Oh, and I’m not sure if it’s because I’m keeping track of what I’m eating, or being a vegetarian, but I’ve dissolved all my holiday weight gain. =)

Breakfasts:

  • Fat free Milk
  • Apple juice
  • Cinnamon raisin bagel with fat free cream cheese (4 times this week!)
  • Sour Dough Bread and Avocado

Lunch/Snacks

  • Cesar salad
  • Few cookies (I deserved some dessert this week, and I got it free at the grocery store)
  • Conference Sandwich… mmmmm
  • Carrots and humus
  • Apples and peanut butter
  • Heated Flour Tortilla with stuffed with Cheese and Cabbage mix (I used a bag of coleslaw that wasn’t prepared… It was actually really yummy and when I do burritos again, I’ll be adding it in.)
  • Yogurt

Dinners:

  • Salad, Bread sticks, pizza (pineapple and mushroom) (yummy Stone Fire grill)
  • Stuffed Mushrooms with Spinach salad with Balsamic dressing, raisins, walnuts, feta cheese.
  • Garbage Salad & Stuffed Mushrooms
  • Smoothie from Starbucks (when I had my braces off)
  • Coleslaw salad (the cabbage mixture with peppercorn ranch and some shredded cheese)
  • Cheese Enchiladas and Rice and Beans….

Needless to say, this was salad variety week… which was nice after my heavy Mexican food week I had last week. I’ll be back on Mexican Next week because I got a house sitting gig and its just easier to cart that stuff over than a bunch of other things. ... so soup and mexican again.
Still haven’t had any seafood yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment