Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week 2 no meat

I started my week as a busy bee… with the car at the dealers, some wedding errands that needed to be finished… and I even picked up an extra shift this week at work, it’s safe to say I’ve been on the run.

Breakfasts:
• Toasted Wheat bread and peanut butter
• Fat free milk
• Wheat thins with laughing cow cheese
• Avocado on toasted wheat bread with pepper jack cheese
• cereal

Lunch/Snacks
• Juice
• Cherries
• Avocado, mushrooms, pepper-jack cheese sandwich on toasted wheat bread
• Organic low fat vanilla yogurt
• NASTY fake “BBQ fake chicken from Trader joes”—I almost puked it up.
• Celery, carrots, humus = happy
• Wheat thins/triscuits & laughing cow cheese
• Fat Free milk
• MORNING STAR FARMS!!!! Mmmmmmm their pizza flavored patties are so delish on a bun with some pepper jack cheese. I had one almost every day for lunch as a main protein swap.
• Tortilla chips
• Raw Top Raman (I wanted something crunchy that wasn’t crackers when I ran out of tortilla chips).

Dinners:
• Broccoli Cheese quiche (not as good as the mushroom spinach)
• Potatoes, yellow squash, zucchini & Parmesan cheese
• Artichokes with melted I cannot believe it’s not butter (add salt and garlic powder too)
• Organic Roasted red pepper soup (had to finish it off from last week).
• Lemon cake
• Garbage Salad (Apple, green onions, peppers, lettuce bag varieties, cucumber, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, carrots….) all in a light balsamic… YUM!!!

I think for this coming next week I’ll make some Edna-me and take a break from the morning star farms (or try a different flavor)... I found some coupons in the store for them and they are on sale at Ralphs this week. I’m trying to make a weekly menu of yummy foods so if I decide to do this longer, I’ll have a nice rotation going so I’m not just eating the same foods over and over again.

I’m also picking a new fruit each week so I won’t be bored… and I have to say, veggies and humus is the best swap I’ve ever made. If I learn nothing more from this experiment, I’ll be a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment