Thursday, January 20, 2011

No Spend month.... Del Taco... and Socks

Well Last night I almost broke down and spent money i didn't really have to spend. I started volunteering at the tutoring center last night again... which meant I got up at 4am... was at work by 5:15 am, got off at 2:15pm... and was at the tutoring center by 3:30pm.

I was able to go home real fast, change, and make a snack before heading to the tutoring center, but by the time I left to head home it was 6pm and the thought of cooking dinner was not preferable.

Not to mention my dinner disaster the night before. (I was sauteeing some zuchini, yellow squash and eggplant... and it was starting to brown and smell amazing... until stupid me put in a bit more olive oil and covered it with a lid and it turned into complete and utter mush.) So i was really tempted by Del Taco because its by my house and a bean and cheese burrito and fries just sounded so good to me...

But I didn't... some how I just went home instead and popped a quiche into the microwave and ate that... but man was i tempted...

and now I need new running socks because the distances are starting to dislike my feet in my cotton used to be comfortable socks... So... I decided to get creative. I redeemed 3,900 points on MyPoints for a Target giftcard. My training friend was able to get some running socks there that were inexpensive (not $10 a pair from the running store.) so I'm going to take the target giftcard and use them to get a couple of pairs of socks.... So I won't be "spending" any more money.

I'll pocket the rest of the giftcard and I vow to only go into Target to get Socks and Shampoo (i'm almost out and I buy their generic brand). Thanks My Points!

1 comment:

  1. This is why I like the idea of a no spend month. It's likely that you would have went to Del Taco if you hadn't committed to doing a no spend month. Good job for getting creative about the socks.

    ReplyDelete