Friday, January 21, 2011

My taxes...

r done... but I itemized so that means i have to wait for my money from the feds until mid February...

Due to tax laws passed in December 2010, the IRS won't start processing returns with itemized deductions until mid-February. Just keep going and file your return with TurboTax now. We'll take care of everything to get your return processed as quickly as possible


but i'm getting back lots of happy money... to totally use for the wedding (after i put that $1,000 back in my ef).

Federal: $1,857
State: $728

If i didn't itemize, i would have only gotten $770 federally (largely do to a $400 Making work pay credit), and $267 from California. (Last year i owed $55 by claiming 1, so that's why i kept it at zero for 2010).

I didn't realize that if you itemize federally, your deductions are carried over to the state taxes. (I'm glad I paid for turbo tax, or I would have missed out on $461 as I would have just taken the standard deduction if i went to the free site!)

So, I officially love itemizing. I'm just sad I probably won't get to do it next year, but well see! Who knows... so i'm saving receipts and everything now that i'm a bit more tax wiser!

No comments:

Post a Comment