Sunday, January 9, 2011

I designed my own wedding invitations today

My friend took a bunch of engagement shots of Keith and I while we were at Disneyland over Christmas.

We were supposed to have my "brother" take the shots, but the first day we planned to do them it rained... and it rained on our back up day... so we improvised.

Thankfully we got some great photos and I was able to use my Photo-Shop skills to put together some very modern and awesome looking invites that fit Keith and my style.

We didn't budget much for Invitations, Reply cards, Thank You cards, Envelopes, or Return Address lables... So I hunted around and found the best deals on Vista Print... I paired it with a $40 off $100 coupon I got off Coupon Cabin... and because of how I uploaded my images, I only had to pay for the printing rights of 2 pictures!

The current guest list has us at 80 people (Bridal parties included), but only about 40 families/individuals. To be on the safe side I ordered 50 invitations + envelopes, 50 reply cards + envelopes, 50 thank you cards + envelopes& 140 Address Stickers. I also got another 140 Address stickers for Free so I made those up with what will be my new last name so I can use those ones after the wedding for other bills that come. =)

So how much did I spend?
$23.44 Wedding invites + Envelopes (50)
$18.05 Thank You Cards + Envelopes (50)
$14.88 Reception Reply Cards + Envelopes (50)
$4.06 Return Address Stickers (140)
$12.74 Shipping

=$73.17 (SAVING $72.49, because the original amount would have been $145.66)

I get them in about 3 weeks. We decided not to do Save the Dates to save on postage and money because we are keeping a small wedding so everyone knows word of mouth already and we will be mailing the invites out in February so people will have plenty of notice.

Wedding Invite (The address has been blocked out for Privacy Reasons)



Thank You Cards



Reply Cards



Maybe I should start a side business???

2 comments:

  1. Super cute invites and well done on the cost!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute invites and well done on the cost!!!

    ReplyDelete