Thursday, January 13, 2011

Car Update

A hose wasn't fully connected or something which is why the gas light went back on, but apparently now its working... or at least that's what they told me when I got my car back.

Until I went to pump gas... and couldn't. Nope. It wouldn't let me get more than $0.25 cents at a time. Which was really annoying at 5am before I was heading to work on practically empty.

So it's back at the dealership. I waited to see if it was "just me" while they tried and failed to pump gas into the car... Then they tried cleaning off some other hoses or filters to see if Road crap was blocking it & they tried again... but alas it was NOT working... so now they are going to replace the neck hose that goes from the cap to the gas container thingy.

and this is not covered under the warranty, but they are paying for it because I'm a nice person who isn't screaming at them for not being able to fix my car. So i'm in my complimentary rental car again, and the part should come in in a couple of days.

Why are they being so nice to me?
Because Toyota was notified of the gas light issue and had to involve the district... plus i'm on a first name basis with most of the shop guys there because I
A) bought my car there and was knowledgeable that they offered me a job if I wanted one.

B) One of the guys who works there used to go to the gym I work at. (He even buffed out all the scratches on my car from when i had a nice love scrape with my old apartment garage the last time he serviced it.) He's just a nice guy with 4 kiddos.

and C) when I brought my car back in after the gas carbon canister was replaced, the desk guy blew me off and said they wouldn't look at my car until Monday... with no explanation. So I commented about that to the reception lady and she immediately went to the GM about how mean he was to me... so now the GM is kissing my butt. So now they are so uber nice to me its funny... I didn't get mad or yell once. (Which is mainly because I know i'll have to go back there eventually again, so I need to keep them happy too).

So my approach is.... "you'll give me a rental car so i'm not carless? okay, i'll leave it here a few days. Call me when its done... and your not charging me right? bueno."

=)

1 comment:

  1. don't forget toyota has had numerous quality problems. your car is relatively new and you shouldn't be experieincing any problems with this car. And if they're messing with the fuel liine/system, I would have a conversation with the GM that you aren't interested in on-going recurring problems with the fuel system in this car and see what he has to say about that.

    ReplyDelete