Friday, December 3, 2010

My trip to Utah

(My mini story with just the awesome high lights for prosperity sake.)

I got to my local airport way too soon for my flight… but luckily I was able to text, read, and entertain myself for 3 hours until my flight (which arrived late) finally boarded. I was seated next to a “17 year old” who was really 15 and didn’t want to fly with an adult, and a 22 year old who seemed normal. After 2 mins of silence, I couldn’t reach the little fan to turn it on so the “17 year old” turned it on for me and we started chatting it up. Within 5 mins we had roped the 22 year old stranger into our conversation and spent the entire 2 hour flight in deep conversation together. It was fabulous. The 22 year old and I kept harassing the “17 year old” about his high school drama and love life so I got to play “councilor” and give the kid a little hard love since his ego needed to be knocked down a few notches… especially since he was a freshman playing Varsity Football. In the end, I ended up with 2 new facebook friends… and I think plans to get sushi with the 22 year old once he gets back from Michigan. (Both knew I was a coming back with a shiny diamond, as keith had let his intentions slip before I was heading out to Utah—I just didn’t know when he’d do it!)

When I got off the plane, Keith had a hard time finding me, but as I walked one way and he drove towards me, we found each other… on the wrong side of the road. I jetted through the cars with my carry on and bag, he pulled into this snow area that he shouldn’t have and we had one of those movie hugs… the kind where you leap and wrap your legs around someone and spin around. It was amazing. =) We quickly headed to the car because it was Zero degrees outside and journeyed to his parents place… where his entire family was waiting to meet me. (Talk about pressure).

The meet and greet went really well, kiddos running around in jammies, homemade pizza baking in the oven, and really nice genuine people. We played a few rounds of scum, chatted and then I called it a night. After attempting to sleep in in a house full of kids and being used to an internal 4am alarm clock, I was up early and so was Keith. We decided to scope out the black Friday ads and make out game plan, and then decided to go for a drive around town and just walk around since there wasn’t much planned that day since we decided to celebrate Thanksgiving on Friday. We watched a movie, and later I napped to prepare for our shopping adventure that you can read about HERE.

After the madness, and the much needed sleep his brothers and I went out to go shooting. After getting to try an AK47, and SKU, some revolvers, a 22 rifle, and a bunch of other guns in different weights and sizes we were ready to eat Turkey and go to bed in a happy food coma.

On Saturday we watched a few shows and decided to walk the mall area while we were waiting for our friends to meet up with us to drive to Salt Lake City… I knew he was going to pop the question that day because it was written all over his face when he put the camcorder in my bag. I didn’t know how or when, but I was excited. While walking through the stores we found a brand new jewelry place that just opened, and they were advertising huge sales. So we wondered in and Keith found a really nice ring that I ended up getting for his wedding band. They had his size in stock and we were able to get him a nice $299.00 wedding band for $160 out the door (with insurance on it—but we probably won’t use it since its in Utah--- but it was the first non black ring he really loved so I nabbed it because I didn’t want him to get a black band). While we were checking out, the lady found out Keith was popping the question that night and told us we should go up to salt lake city because the lights are all up for the holidays… the shocked look on keith’s face gave it away after the lady mentioned it and I knew he was going to ask me at temple square somewhere in the snow colored lights of awesomeness…

After leaving the mall we met up with his two best friends (who are married) and headed to Salt Lake City. We got dinner at Charlie Chows (Yummy) and then walked around temple square with all the pretty lights, took a ton of pictures, and Keith proposed. (See video Here) =) After that it was giddy hot chocolate and lots of phone calls and text messages.

Sunday came and went. AND IT SNOWED 8 INCHES of powder!!! I got up early and did 10 miles on the treadmill to train for the marathon I’m working on (see Amy and my progress here www.icando262.blogspot.com). After church and lunch with his friends at this awesome dinner called One Man Band (literally a restaurant run by one person—u order by calling the kitchen on a phone at the end of your table!!!) We came back home and looked through Christmas decorations, old pictures, and yearbooks, did some laundry and packed me up to go home.

Monday we attempted to go to one of his classes together, but his professor is incompetent so we left early and headed up to salt lake… had the best burgers at 5 guys and fries, and then walked temple square again and took more pictures while we browsed through and revisited what we could now see in 8 inches of freshly fallen powder =)… a sad Farwell at the airport, (I won’t go into the scanner and the pat downs…) and a very boring plane ride home.

But in a little more than 2 weeks my sweetie will be in California for the holidays and I’ll get a full ten days with him…. I can’t wait!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment