Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Starting the No Spend Month in the Green | The Car is broken again | and my Mother is a DRUNK...

Starting the No Spend Month in the Green because:
I thought Vegas would end up costing me more than it did... and with a last min Puppy sitting gig before I left ($120), some work gas checks (21.55), and a CC rebate check (25.00) that came in the mail... and the few dollars from my extra paycheck that I didn't use towards Vegas ($108.39)I have money leftover from last month to the tune of $274.94

Which will cover the cost of my $220.00 Ticket!!!! Sadly tho, before I left for Vegas, my co-worker had to jump my car because it wouldn't turn over. (Guess that old battery of mine was fine after all.)... ...

So my car is getting dropped off at Toyota after work today... so I'll have them also work on getting my car doors to open still... apparently it wasn't the 3 actuators they replaced... But my "buddy" who works there said he'll have it checked out for free and they should be giving me a new alarm system for free because they think that the alarm is triggering the door unlock thing... but now its not working in normal weather conditions instead of just the super hot temps.

But August is no spend month so hopefully since my ticket is covered I'll also be able to cover the repair costs once they figure out why its not working. Thankfully my drunk mother is loaning me the spare car to drive around.

Yup, i'm back to calling her my drunk mother. She knew i was coming by her house at 8pm when I got back from Vegas to pick up the spare car to make sure I could get to work the next day... My sister and I both confirmed on the road when she was sober. She said if we got back after 9 she'd leave the keys under the mat cause she had work at 11am the next day.

I got there a bit before 8, all the lights were off, the door was open and she was just sitting on the couch in the dark watching TV with the car, DRUNK DRUNK DRUNK DRUNK. I could smell it on her and tried just to get the keys and leave but instead I had to tell her all about vegas (which her drunk self won't remember tomorrow) and on my way out she hugged me in a tight i'm so drunk hug that I just wanted to push her the heck away from me.

2 comments:

  1. I read your post this morning and have thought about it a couple times today. I think that you should educate yourself on alcoholism. It is a disease. You seem to act like your mom is evil because she is drinking. A little compassion could go a long way. I'm not saying that she should have a free pass either. There are support groups for family of alcoholics if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ndchic-
    Part of me knows its a disease... and part of me is just still REALLY angry about everything... healing is a long process and after hearing her ask about my sisters drinking all weekend long while she was drunk just added fuel to the fire for me. Its finding balance... which is something I'm still working on.

    ReplyDelete