Saturday, July 3, 2010

Total Condo Costs Thus Far:

I finally finished resolving the issue with MY TILE COMPANY about my tile. They will be crediting my account $1,265.00 (about 40% of the tile costs) so I thought i'd update "the total condo costs" sheet. I'll have to wait for Wells Fargo to cut me a check for the money, but with the reinburstment and the electrician costs I had last month, I figured it was time to post a little update on where I'm at right now with how much my place has cost me.

Money paid to aquire the property and get keys:
$7,057.08

Money Spent to Remodel and Repair Property:
$17,672.29

total: $24,729.37

First Time Home buyers Credit: $8,000.00
Current equity: $4,058.10 (not including any change in value the upgrades gave me)
Electrician costs -$95.00
TILE Refund $1,265.00

Current amount in the hole: $11,501.27

Total ownership costs are $1,160.12 a month (including HOA, taxes, and all utilities minus electric... and an extra $81.74 to my principle balance)...

Apartment Rent has dropped slightly in my area, but I would have stayed at my old apartment complex if i hadn't bought a home. There current deal for a one bedroom is $1,125.00- $1150.00 plus trash, water, and gas so my comps are still accurate despite adding a little more to the mortgage each month. Sure, I could find a better deal with a private party for a condo or a place... but I have to also look for a place that's as nice as mine is with the remodel... and frankly that wouldn't be from a private party in my area.

So i'm now only $11,501.27 in the hole for my place. I don't have any measurable comps for recent sales from my neighborhood... especially comps from places with similar upgrades so i'm still only valuing my place at its purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment