Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tile hell

ya... hell... My tile re-redo was supposed to take one day... quick and easy.

HA! my butt. They got here at 8:30 yesterday... didn't leave until 8:30 last night... and they are telling me "sometime in the later afternoon well finish."

They removed my baseboards without my permission and are "claiming they will put them back."

I've cried, screamed and yelled on the phone to managers, my sister threatened to call her lawyer and go to town on them... (i think the manager is afraid of her now) (and i love her all the more).

There coming back for day two in a few minuets (CORRECTION THEY ARE COMING LATE NOW) and not all the tile is even torn up yet... Half way through the demo I had to ask why they hadn't tore up the tile by the washing machine when they started to lay down the underlay stuff!

My house is a huge mess of a dust storm (Thankfully I closed the vent in my bedroom and shoved a towel under the door so my room and bathroom are fairly clean... nothing I can't fix in an hour or so... so I will fix it today while they continue to ruin and have dust cover EVERYTHING i own!!!!)

I had to take today off of work because they were going to "leave it" until I had availability.... yeah right... how am I supposed to live in a hell hole like this with everything everywhere but where it should be!!!

Oh and I'll be demanding ever dime i ever paid them back ASAP or there will be a huge complaint filed with the BBB!

2 comments:

  1. It seems like you've had a lot of problems with contractors. Where are you finding the contractors that you're working with? Are you just going with the cheapest bid? I think that you often get what you pay for with contractors. Do you make sure that they are licensed and insured? Have you talked to other people that they've done work for? I'm just curious because you shouldn't be having all these problems. Maybe you could write a post about it. BTW, your place looks cute from the pics you've posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ndchic- The company hires out crews who then show up and do the work so i can't choose... i'll never be calling them again... thats for sure

    ReplyDelete