Tuesday, June 8, 2010

learning about retirement fees

I sold $500 dollars of my ING Conservative mutual fund the other day to see how bad the fees were and because i don't like the fund anymore... (so i've been researching where to move my money too in October... Vanguard is winning.)

It cost me about $4.00 for about every $100 i sold... basically 4%!!!!!!!! ya, i'm slowly dropping that fund ASAP!

I'm glad i'm learning now instead of later.

Based on Mondays closing numbers, i've lost $546.35 in that fund.

My ARDVX is down $36.02 so I'm buying $100 of that to try and get that account to break even and stopp the bleeding.

The goal is still $1,000.00 for CD's at ING and $4,000.00 for the year in mutual funds (I won't be purchasing funds with all $4,000.00, but I will be depositing it before the cut off deadline so I can use it in my new funds once everything transfers over.)

No comments:

Post a Comment