Friday, June 25, 2010

How did i get more clothes than hangers?

oh yes... that's right... my sister moved and i inherited a lot of new digs and a bunch of oh maybe i'll wear its.

Looks like besides going through the pantry i'll have to start going through the closet...

Normally i put stuff on one side of the closet and try and wear everything once in a year... What didn't make it I got rid of... but a lot of times i just wore something just to wear it in case I wanted to keep it. It made me keep a lot more items that were kind of iffy.

So I think this time i'm going to try and build a true functioning wardrobe.

I'm going to clean out my spare closet and move all my old clothes into that closet. As I wear things I'll move them to my real closet... but when i get dressed, instead of starting with the closet with the digs I haven't worn, i'll go to the closet with the stuff i've worn and see how much variety I really need and how many outfits I really have. (cause truth be told we have our favorite digs... and the then there is the stuff we settle for.) I guess its time to find out what I really wear all the time and what I wear occassionally.

I really need to pair down to a functional working wardrobe... not just stuff I can force myself to wear in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment