Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February-- How'd I do?

Financial $$$ & Personal Goals End of February Re-cap

Pay off non-mortgage Debt
• Pay off Tile Loan -> $4,000.00 FTH Tax Return
• Pay off Home Depot -> $4,000.00 FTH Tax Return
Tax Forms are going out today mailed and then I'll just be waiting for my check… stupid snail mail.

Lower Mortgage to under $115,000.00
• @ $117,023.74 (2,023.74 to go)
Principle Payments:
January $137.07 +$60.00 | February$137.96 + $60.00

Get emergency fund to $8,200.00 (left to add $1,000.00)
Emergency fund now sits at $7,200.00
January $100 |February $100|

Contribute $5,000.00 to Roth IRA ($4,500.00 left to add)
January $250.00 | February $250.00 |

Car Fund (Save $250.00) (left to add $144.44)
This month I added $51.20 since I only filled up the car twice. The savings account now has a balance of: $445.56

Increase Networth to $60,000.00
• @$50,912.00
This Month:
• I put $250 to the Roth IRA
• My employer 401a contributions: $28.48
• My Pension got a push: $123.08
• Paid down the mortgage this month by $197.96
• Saved some money into the car fund this month: $51.20
• One paycheck had a holiday on it that forced a normal day of work into Overtime (plus an hour or so) since the holidays fell on my days off… I got an additional $172.12… but didn’t get to save it with all the unexpected things that popped up this month…
• Got a credit on my Tile loan so that gave me $316.80 to save!
• I had to take $$$$ out of savings to pay for the LA Marathon ($134.44), my car tax ($170), I paid down my Home Depot loan to get it exactly at $4,000.00 (paid out $397.48 ---this was $$$ set aside in savings last year) …But I also had to buy new running shoes ($90!!!!) get may car SMOG ($60.00) and pay for food for my Thank you party ($200 ish but my friends more than earned it!).

Personal Goals:

GET IN SHAPE
I succeeded again in not eating any red meat this month (even with going to a BBQ House and a super bowl party). I lost a total of 6 lbs since January... and with training for the marathon I’m a lot less jiggley then before so some of the fat turned into muscle. I also take a yoga class on Wednesdays for free at work to help stretch me out… and some of my smaller clothes are starting to fit again… My black shorts are comfortable and they zip up!

In the land of portion control, I now use my food scale to measure out all the food I take with me to work so I get an accurate amount and serving. =)

Give More
• Kiva- I made one Kiva loan in January (Mongolia). And I deposited enough $$$ into the account to make one loan for February (Sierra Leon).
• Childshare – So far I’ve raise $630.00 on-line for the organization and I’ve been walking like mad to train! The CS Rep coming to my church went really well. I won $10 in a Super Bowl pool so I stuck that on the Child SHARE donation page. .. and put another $50.00 on there… and convinced another friend to join us and walk!
• LTG- =)

Track my spending
This will be its own post, but I kept track for the most part… It got a little hairy in the grocery arena because I started making lunches and breakfasts for my sister and I… and she was giving me $20.00 a week and while I tried to keep things separate… I have no clue… I lost some cash only receipts… and then there was my house warming party food I got at various stores so… yeah… it was messy… but I broke even. I only did lunches with her ¾ weeks cause of a conflict so I had $60.00 from her to offset… and I planned $200 for my party so it all worked out some how.

But other than taking $$$ out of savings to cover my Marathon Fee, with the overtime and some random money in my wallet (I never carry cash so I forgot it was in there) I sort of broke even this month.

Read One book a Month
I finished book 2: Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. I received it for Christmas from my best buddy on the planet.

I GIVE IT: 4 Stars/5 Stars
It was a good read… but I wasn’t shocked by the tragedy that’s always associated with it. Normally I start breaking out the water works at certain parts… well at least with THE NOTEBOOK and A WALK TO REMEMBER… but it was still good and deserving of a spot in my bookshelf.
Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Last-Song-Nicholas-Sparks/dp/0446547565

No comments:

Post a Comment