Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I might have a dog...

Sorry for the lack of posts, but I might have inherited a dog this week. My sister has had two yorkies for a while now--- the first is huge for a yorkie (we think he might now be a pure bred despite papers because he’s sooo large… and she got him in puru) that she’s had for years and years and the second is this tiny adorable little dude… she’s had for about a year.

Well Jake, the big huge mean, very territorial doggie tried to eat Maxi (the cute little new one) for the third time.

Key word: Third time.

My sister can’t bear to get rid of the monster (which has bitten and attacked her as well)… so while she tries to figure it all out, Maxi has been staying with me… Mainly because I feel really bad for him. When my sister brought him over the other day she was so shocked to see him play with toys and prance around because he normally lives in fear in the living room while her other dog stays in the bedroom.
So, for a week I have a dog & hopefully my sister will see reason and realize that Jake needs to have a huge yard, be an only dog, and be with a family that has a lot of time for him… not her crammed apartment and her busy (2 job) lifestyle.

What I worry about is her asking me to keep maxi for good. I could see it as her “getting to see him still” when she comes over… but not having to deal with the sistuation right now. The problem is she’s planning on moving in with her boyfriend in May… and he has a tiny Yorkie that Jake has also already attacked… so those dogs wouldn’t be able to live together either…

And I’m not sure I would even want to adopt Maxi as my own doggie. He’s cute for the week, and amazingly well behaved… but I don’t know if I’m home enough for a dog in “normal land.” He’s the perfect size for my place and I know I’m home waaay more then my sister was, but still. I’m not sure I want a pet yet. I was planning on seeing how much I’m home and maybe getting a declawed cat or kitty from the shelter… Plus I’m not sure if I financially want a pet right now… They are expensive and I’m still settling in…

hmmmm….

2 comments:

  1. I'm not even done reading this post and I am cringing at the thought of someone else's dogs peeing all over your brand new carpets!! GET A GRIP!! Do not let your good nature get the best of you. You are under absolutely no obligation to be a doggie day care! Maybe your boyfriend's parents can take them - even if you offer to pay them for the care it is worth it! I would hate to read that your brand new carpets were soiled. You have worked ENTIRELY TOO HARD TO HAVE THIS BEAUTIFUL NEW HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a cute addition to your condo and dbf :)

    ReplyDelete