Saturday, February 6, 2010

Car tax

Well, I got the bill for my car tax... and thankfully, It wasn't as bad as I intended it to be.

Last year I set aside $300 after I knew the car tax was trippling... Thankfully my bill was only $170.00.

I'll be paying that this week, and since I got that $316.80 credit from The Tile Company, i'll be taking the leftover $130 from last year and adding $40.00 to it from the Tile $$$ and I'll have next years bill set aside.

Oh the power of planning (and individual savings acccounts at ING DIRECT that won't let me forget what that $170.00 is saved up for.) =)

2 comments:

  1. If you don't mind someone asking, what is the square footage of your condo and how did you find it? I'm looking in a similar metropolitan area, and I'd appreciate anything to help/go off of. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a little more then 700 square feet... and I kept using internet search engines to be honest.

    I was tracking housing trends for a year online is three different cities... in multiple housing tracts.

    I was actually interested in the housing track next to teh one I bought... but after some digging I found out that that association was riddled with debt (that's why it looked so nice and resort like) and I didn't want to be levied any special assessments...

    So when I went hunting we looked at a few places in the same area to comparison shop and see what other places were going for, their condition, the neighborhood etc. and thats when we found this place.

    I used
    Redfin.com & Realtor.com

    and kept track of things in excel. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete