Saturday, December 20, 2008

January Budget

I'm editing the new years budget more... and it's for the better

I haven't really felt like there was really a place for me to "give" to with all the hassles that are surrounding the greater on-goings at the "big church" that my small group is apart of...

So I began making small loans on KIVA.Org with extra money that came in.

But my small group has ideas and missions and good things that we want to still accomplish... regardless of what's going on in that drama filled land... Now i admit I was a little hesitant since we don't have a "pastor" and its student lead ministry... but we do have a comission of 5 leaders who each take a part of the ministry and guide it.

With these "projects" in mind, we started awhile back with an offering... an offering that the church slammed down and told us we could not collect apart from the larger church... but we are aparently allowed to take a collection for "snacks" and certain projects....

Over the past couple of months, I've seen what our group can do with so little, and I think it's now my turn to being to let go of some of my trust issues and embrace the greater good... and our group of student led ministry is my "church," my community, my place of fellowship...

So i'm going to start setting some money aside for giving. I figure a little bit at a time... and since we have had this system in place for awhile (i wanted to see how it would work out before I started giving... i have trust issues...)... I think now's the time for me to begin to contribute. Plus, its a slap in the face to the big church and that's just oh so fun for me. (just kidding...)

I'll still be doing my loans on Kiva with the "refund" checks I get off my credit card (and i'll keep re-loaning that money as well so it will be the gift that keeps on giving!) and i'll be contributing a small amount each month to "THE MOVEMENT"

New Budget:
January 2009 Budget
Laundry 20
Food & Basics 100
Gas and Car 100
Car insurance 82.63
Renters ins 10.58
Electric Bill 40
Cell Phone 55
Offering 25
Savings 60
Fun 50
Xmas & B-day 50
Dp Fund 670.66
-------------------------
Rent 795
Dp Fund 468.87

In time i'll slowly increase my giving and change up the budget to reflect this. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment