Monday, November 17, 2008

roommate update+ car ins update

I've been assurred by my roommate that under no circumstances will she break our lease.

Phew...

But just to be on the safe side, i'm going to keep to the plan as though she is going to bail. (better safe then sorry and if I do end up switching jobs, there will be some down time between paychecks so its best to beef up my accounts.)

I called State Farm.... They have a really great rate plan if I get renter's insurance through them...

If I get renters... The car insurance is 81.78 a month (additional renters ins 10.58) = 92.36 and that makes my deductible drop from 750 to 500!!!!!!!!

If I forgo the renters insurance, it's 90.87 a month. So for 1.49 more, I get renters insurance too... so if I switch to State Farm, I'm going for the renters insurance too. My AAA car insurance is a few dollars cheaper a month without any renters insurance because my deductible is higher... but after 3 years with state farm i'll qualify for additional discounts.

hmmmm.... any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. go for it. it's a really really good idea to have renter's insurance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely get a renter's ins policy. Full replacement coverage. You just never know. Plus it covers you if someone gets injured at your place. Have you heard of USAA? If you have a family member that is a veteran of any branch of service you can probably get a policy with them. They are one of the highest rated insurance companies and financial institutions. worth checking out. Was your dad a Viet Nam era vet? Your grandpa in WWII?? Check into them. They are out of SanAntonio TX.

    ReplyDelete