Sunday, November 23, 2008

California unemployment rises...

Accorrding to the La Times:
  • The over-all state unemployment is at 8.2%
  • Orange County: 6%
No wonder I haven't heard back from that job I applied for last week... but it normally takes 2 to 3 weeks to hear back from an organization like a city. If i don't hear anything by the 1st of December i'll call the HR guy.

The two open positions in my department have still yet to be filled, but I think one will be filled and they might go back to the drawing board for the other space....

last night was my 11 month anniversary with my boyfriend... I finally got to treat him to dinner and it was yummy!

----
In stock market news... I've lost a little over 2500 in my mutual funds... I think I might pull 600 out of the 1600 I have saved for buying that extra year with my employer and max out my roth for 2008 with mutual funds. I'll buy 100 at the end of Nov, 100 in Dec, 100 in Jan, 100 in feb, and 100 in march and 100 right before the cut off for 2008 in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment