Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mission... Budget cuts.

I was looking over some idea's for next month's budget... and I noticed my car insurance bill is really insane...

especially since i realized that my AAA membership card isn't even included in my monthly preminum (which will go up because they have me listed as a good student discount and i'm not a student anymore.)

So i'm going to make some phone calls.
I think I'll call Farmers and State Farm insurance (since I still have their ads sitting in my apartment) and see what they will do for a gal who only drives about 300 miles a month max...
I'll keep a record of the offers and by January 1st I want to have a new insurance provider-- if not sooner. I know State Farm gives discounts if you have been with them 3 or more years... so i'll have to factor that in. Plus I believe I can keep my AAA card just for road side assistance (and therefore my 10% discount from the dealership for car repairs since it's a different bill.) But i'll call to double check.

3 comments:

  1. I just went with Progressive and got an amazingly low rate considering my crazy driving record. Have you tried them? And are you over 25 or will you be soon? That helps too. Having your own health insurance helps as well. Many factors as work here, but best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ambellamy, I have AAA. Aren't the memberships are good for a full year? We have a really old car so I feel a lot more comfortable having roadside protection. I've had Geico and Esurance previously, and for me AAA was much cheaper and I felt a lot more comfortable... Hope you find something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had a speeding or parking ticket or an accident to be honest... I have my own health insurance too... and they've got me paying like $1,152 for AAA a year (96 a month). 750 deductible too on a 2004 Toyota Camry... I'm 22 right now so that 25 discount won't be too soon. but my apartment does have a garage. I've paid for the full year, but you can cancel it and they send you a refund check for the balance.

    The sad thing is that my AAA account is registering a student discount that I no longer have... so who knows what's going to happen there. So next time it goes up...

    I'll add progressive to the list to check up on. (gotta gather the numbers for all the places too.)Maybe i'll call up Esurance and Geico...

    ReplyDelete