Friday, October 24, 2008

Frugal November

I just cut out $90.00 from my monthly budget in an effort to get that darn plane ticket gone and done with....

I have 9.5 hours of overtime on my first november paycheck which I get on Nov 7th... (approx: 134.00 take home)

So, if I can stick with a really frugal holiday month, i'll be able to put back the money I borrowed for the plane ticket... and then re-borrow part of that money for the ALZ walk i'm doing. (Now I wouldn't be having this problem if my work actually processed paper work in a timely fashion. All I can say is retro active to May 20th.)

Here's what i'm going to try and live on for the next 37 days.

~*~*~*~*~ Paycheck 1~*~*~*~*~
Laundry $20.00
Food and Basics $100.00
Water $16.00
Gas $100.00
Car Insurance $96.00
Electric Bill $40.00
Cell phone $55.00
Fun Money $50.00
House Dp Fund $622.20
Plane Ticket $90.00
Overtime Plane ticket $134.00
~*~*~*~*~ Paycheck 2~*~*~*~*~
Rent $795.00
House Downpayment Fund 394.20

2 comments:

  1. I definitely think you can do it!!
    If I were you I would do a little research, it has been six months since you should have received your pay raise, right? I would read your city code or the H.R. employee manual. There probably is some sort of time frame in which they have to pay you your raise. Maybe check the state laws of California. While you're doing your research, maybe it wouldn't hurt to write a letter to the HR Manager or Mayor or your council member. Also, if you don't claim it maybe then they can come back and say they don't have to pay it because so much time has transpired. Maybe they are angling to not pay it because you never followed up with them and you're not making an issue of it; maybe they have completely lost the paperwork and are entirely oblivious to the fact that your raise didn't process. I would also mention in my letter that you will be contacting the labor department for the state of California if they do not give you a specific date in which you can expect your pay raise. You have nothing to loose, only to gain, I know you will write an excellent, thoughful letter. And I know you will have your raise by Nov. 30th!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you already replace all your lights with fluourescents?

    ReplyDelete