Sunday, August 17, 2008

Feeling the grocery pinch...

I have 1.80 left in my grocery budget for the month. Sad eh?

That's because i haven't been buying processed crap. I'm trying to shoot for veggies, fruit, and whole foods don't come in boxes... and variety. I looked at the MYPyrimid.gov and found out how much of each of the stuff i'm supposed to eat... and i'm actually trying to eat it... My boyfriend is even starting to try and eat better... I told him when we are married, he's eating 3 square meals a day cause i want him to out live me. lol. He's trying to argue for 2 meals... =)

Looks like my Fun money is going to go towards groceries to get me through the month. oh well... its kind of worth it.

The boyfriends family loves fast food and boxed easy meals... and its so sweet to get a dinner invite... but i never know if its home made or takeout night until i'm already there and hungry (can't be rude to the future in-laws and refuse dinner.... that won't do good in the long term)... But i feel so horrible the next day... its like being drunk... i need my "healthy hangover cure" AKA--- drink some V8 and eat some fruit, wash down with water...

normally fixes me up in a Jiff........ But lately there have been lingering junk food icky-ness.

Yesterday, i had 2 eggs with salsa, a piece of whole grain toast and string cheese for breakfast, lunch was a mixture of raw veggies (carrots, celery, mushrooms, cucumber slices-- with lite ranch dressing) green fresh honey du melon, and a lean cuisine panini... i had a banana and an otter pop for a snack... and dinner was some grilled chicken with some cheese, garlic mash potatoes, and a small serving of vanilla ice cream. I ended the night munching on some snack mix i had in the cupboard... but other then the snack mix and the ice cream-- i thought i did a good job... I think i even slept better cause I ate better.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I agree 100% that buying healthier foods costs more. But we do feel better and it is much better for us too. Just adjust your budget for next month...

    ReplyDelete