Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dinner and an additional $200.00

I made a wonderful dinner last night for my Boyfriend. I made shake and bake porkchops, garlic mashed potatoes, corn, fresh salad (mine had Avocado cause he doesn't like it), and apple sauce. it was YUM. I even "Plated it" all pretty like they do on the cooking shows.

I got all 4 pork chops for $1.88 TOTAL... Ya for the meat mark down area. I hate to eat pasta every night with its hot, because its really heavy and then i feel like a fat cow.... so I bought the pork a couple of weeks ago and stuck them in the freezer... then defrosted them yesterday because I knew they were dinner!!. I put fresh garlic in with the instant Mash potatoes to make them taste amazing (and sprinkled the tops with chopped green onion), I had the canned corn cernals already, and with the apple sauce, it was heaven.

My cooking skills are definently improving. I think I'm actually getting good at cooking. "following directions on boxes and packages" I mean. But that's more cooking then what I had when I was growing up. Last week i made a chicken bake recipe off the back of the Stuffing box and it turned out really good--- but that's a recipe to make when chicken is really cheap since you need a 1lb and a half of just white meat...

I got a partial rent payment from my old roommate. $200.00 check from her parents that she gave me. I'm thinking she told her folks that she would give me the other half at the same time... well hopefully i'll eventually get the rest, but for now, that's less money I need to find to catch up the roth and we're still acting really friendly. In the end, she's going to need people in her life to help her pick up the pieces of her partying lifestyle--- and to me, not having that $200.00 and keeping her friendship for the long run is more important. (whenever you live with friends, you run this risk)

I guess in the long run she ended up saving me more money then i'm shelling out now. When Bee left, my rent was going to go up $200.00 a month, but instead it dropped... so i guess it evens out in the end and i'll continue to casually remind her about the money until i get it back.

May Budget: $2,378.40 A Month (Take Home)
  • ~*~*~*~*~ Paycheck 1~*~*~*~*~
    Groceries and Eating Out $120.00
    Water $16.00
    Gas $140.00
    Car Insurance $76.00
    Electric Bill $45.00
    Cell phone $55.00
    Household Goods $25.00
    Fun Money $50.00
    House Dp Fund $345.40
    Roth IRA 2008 $316.80
  • ~*~*~*~*~ Paycheck 2~*~*~*~*~
    Rent $850.00
    Roth IRA 2008 $339.20
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~OH CRAP~*~*~*~*~*~
    Must find $586.06 to catch up my ROTH due to the lost roommate situation

------> $200.00 late rent... Still Need $386.06

Must Find $47.00 -- Auto insurance quote didn't include annual dues...

No comments:

Post a Comment