Saturday, April 26, 2008

Phasing out Emigrant Direct

Well, i waited for Emigrant Direct to bounce back and redeem itself and offer a better rate then ING ... but alas, they aren't, so i'm going to begin to phase them out.... I have to admit, it is a bit hard to keep track of 3 different online savings institutions--- with multiple accounts at each... and I think i'd rather have just 2 institutions right now with the crudy market and everything and just send more interest to my House dp and simplify things...

it seems like everytime i make a whole bunch of accounts, i then want to simplify them all.... go figure eh???? oh well... i'm just constantly changing things up to figure out what works best for me. meh i'm only 21. i'll figure a system out one day.

I also put part of my emergency fund into another 6 month CD at ING because they bumped the rate to 3.3% for 6 months, and i'm getting 3.28% at IGOBANKING.

I've also decided the 2 CD's i opened with my short term EF, are actually going to be apart of my REAL EF. My Short Term EF is $500.00 padding in ELECTRIC ORANGE.

My Real EF is now $5,700.00. Short term EF is $500.00

No comments:

Post a Comment