Saturday, April 12, 2008

Just so you all know how crazy I am...

When I forget an expense, I create a savings account for that expense so that next year when it rolls around, I have a better chance of remembering about it. Here's my crazy list of savings accounts right now:

Emigrant Direct: (7 accounts)
  • Annual Auto Insurance Costs-- GOAL $0/$867.00 ($73.00 a month)
  • Car Crash Deductible-- I just started this account, but my deductible is set to $750.00 right now. I put some of the extra money I had from last years Auto Insurance costs into the fund, and while i've never actually been in an accident yet, it's bound to happen eventually. I'll slowly build this up with extra money from my gas budget/ car maint budget
  • Car Repairs-- i take my car in every 5,000 miles. I just started this account and i'm planning on calling TOYOTA in the next few days to figure out how much it costs for my cars next check up. (35,000 miles) Then I'll use rebates from driving for work related things and extra gas money left over to get this to where it needs to be. if there is anything left over, I trasfer it to the car crash deductible.
  • DMV Auto Tags-- I forgot about this last year and in Feb/March I had to come up with $141.00. So i put 141.00 aside for this expense from the extra annual car insurance. I have no idea when i'll have to start SMOG checking my car. But once i find out how much that is, i'll have another account made for that. (I like to plan)
  • Yosemite Fund-- I just made this account for my trip!!!
  • Mother's Day-- I'm a horrible daughter and my birthday is right around mom's day and I always forget to put money aside for it, so I did so with my last paycheck so i'm all set and ready to go.
  • New Car Fund-- My Camry won't last me forever... so the interest from all my Emigrant Accounts will go here. One day, hopefully it will be the start of my downpayment or something

ING DIRECT (2 Accounts)+ Electric Orange

  • Roth IRA-- this is the extra money I'm setting aside to fund my 2008 Roth IRA
  • Birthdays-- I'm hoping to take the extra money leftover in the budget from non car related things and set it aside for Birthdays.
  • ----I have 3 additional savings accounts over there that are unassigned.

IGOBANKING (4 accounts)

  • Emergency Fund
  • House Downpayment Fund
  • Wedding Fund
  • DEE's prepaid rent

No comments:

Post a Comment