Saturday, March 1, 2008

Simple living and Furniture...

So the other day this girl I met only once in my apartment complex while I was doing laundry was having to move out because her and her boyfriend were no longer an item... needless to say she was a little emotionally stirred up still...

So i lent her a hand moving and taping boxes, drove her down to the post office (cause she couldn't get the boxes she needed to ship in her stuffed SUV--- which only had her "stuff" and one small chair in it....) from her 1 bedroom apt that she was sharing... I also dropped 2 bags of stuff off to Goodwill chock full of clothes.

all I can say is i'm glad over the years and especially this last year that i've paired down my belongings... But I'm still not looking forward to the move back home...

on a brighter note, I inherited a wooded end table that actually kind of matches the free wooden hutch I got from a friend of mine when I moved.

Which brings the free items i've recieved to:
  • Small circular dinning room table-- Freecycle
  • Black leather recliner couch--- roommates now ex boyfriend's stepdad (and i get to keep it cause she hates leather)
  • hutch "coffee table" --- my old bible study leader... which really made the place feel like home because i grew up at her house practically
  • end table -- from the girl I helped in my apartment complex
  • Entertainment mini unit--- i found this by the dumpster when i was wandering around the apt complex a week or two before i move in.
  • fireplace poker set--- freecycle.

Basically, everything in the living room of my apartment that's mine was free... and my bedroom set was my 18th b-day and high school graduation present combined.

and amazingly enough, paired with a few new items, these things I think would work in my future place really well. good thing I can use my mom's place as a storage unit... where I still have my glass work desk.

As a side note on simple living-- None of the books I've posted have sold yet, which is sad cause i'd like to make some money off them and get them out of my apartment.... but I am still slowly going through old boxes of things and momentos and decideding what to keep and what to part with. I'm also scrapbooking pictures and getting rid of old photo albums and the like. I have 4 more pages and i'm done with jr high and high school!!! Then i'm going to make a small book for memories of my dad... then I might tackle college.

Either way, this should help weed out some of the bulky boxes under my bed. and I rather like my new little hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment