Thursday, March 13, 2008

My controlling Mother...

I've been looking for ways to cut down on my gas consumption because when I move home with my mom, driving will be my largest expense.

I decided i'd get my Motorcycle liscence and get an automatic scooter and save a bunch on gas... and just use it to and from work(under 5 miles away cause its the short trips that are killing me) BUT..... I.... CAN'T... my mom told me that i'm not allowed to do the following when I move home with her
  • obtain said licence
  • own a motorized scooter
  • Bike to work
  • Walk to work
  • Take the public bus.

Instead i HAVE TO DRIVE my car. Talk about controlling and over protective. I'm 21 and can't make my own decisions if i choose to live there.... so i won't be getting my scooter... because living at home is far cheaper then living in an apartment...

But dang.... she's really screwing me over. The whole point of moving home is to be REALLY REALLY FRUGAL!!!!

4 comments:

  1. You don't need a motorcycle license for a scooter. You only need one for an actual motorcycle which is usually 125CC and up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, California state law requires a License to operate any scooter that goes above 30 miles per hour.

    They have 2 classes of 2 wheeled licenses... M1 and M2... one is for motorcycles... the other one is for scooters, mopeds, and bikes that are powered by a motor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In it something is. I agree with you, thanks for an explanation. As always all ingenious is simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is grateful for the help in this question how I can thank you?

    ReplyDelete