Friday, February 8, 2008

Roth and Huge Decision Part Deux

My roth contributions for 2007 are $3,350!!!! and its extra paycheck month so the Roth is gonna get even more later on!!!! Woot for Tax returns

=)

Thanks for the comments on my Huge Decision. To answer your questions,

Budgeted the way things are i'll be able to save at least $1833.00 a month, but i'm aiming for $2,000.00

My mom is asking me to just pay for groceries and whatever I need--- My Car insurance I've always paid myself, but she'll let me go back on her plan because its cheaper that way. So room and utilities are free. (yeah!)

While I'm still in my apartment till June, I'll be using the money i'm saving by splitting the master with my friend to fully fund my $5,000 emergency fund (I have a short term savings account with $1,200 in it too, fully funded) and maxing out my Roth for 2008. I'll have 2008 maxed out by the time i pack my boxes and move home.

Since I'll be spending 2009 in house saving mode, depending on how my finances are, I might take one year off of roth contributions since maxing out 2007 and 2008 is more the 10% of my income, but this is still up for grabs and depends on what I actually can save up. I could just drop tax return and any extra checks in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment