Sunday, January 13, 2008

retirement account

I'm going to hold off switching my Roth IRA provider for the time being and keep it with ING DIRECT because its really easy right now to manage. I'm hoping to Max it out for '07... with my tax return and my extra paycheck that i'll get in February (which was ear marked for the retirement account for 08, but i figure its best to focus on maxing 07 first because there's a ticking clock against how much longer i can add money in for that year and its all the same thing anyway. The extra i'll send to '08's contributions.)

My automatic withdraws are continuing $100 a month for now but they count towards '08 and not the $2,000 left to go for 07.

hopefully i'll be aiming to max it out for 2008 as well, but i won't be looking into those figures until I've maxed 07 out or until i run out of time. I'll also be debt free around then too!

I figure if I aim to max out my Roth Ira every year i should get a nice nest egg starting for my retirement, especially along with my CALPERS accounts as well. =)

If i can max out 08 before 08 is over, then i plan on moving the account to a target date retirement at Fidelity, Trowe, or maybe vanguard... no idea which one, but i'll have to do some invistigating and the like first. (i'm taking advice)

No comments:

Post a Comment