Sunday, December 30, 2007

House downpayment progress... and the new year

On one of the side bars I've kept track of where my house downpayment fund is at the begining of every month. I've updated it today with some interest from IGOBANKING, and i'm still waiting for a few bucks to come from EMIGRANT DIRECT and ING DIRECT, so it should rise a few dollars to start for next year, but I just wanted to take some time to remind others all it takes is a few bucks to start and some motivation.

I started on 06/12/07 with a small $4.03... and i even remember laughing at the amount... but now i have over $500 saved in about 6 months! and i haven't really noticed the money outta my paycheck. =)

  • 06/12/07 $4.03
  • 07/03/07 $27.76
  • 08/04/07 $48.85
  • 09/05/07 $184.94
  • 10/05/07 $229.27
  • 11/02/07 $385.22
  • 12/01/07 $464.92
  • 12/30/07 $532.71

As for some financial direction, January and February are devoted to trying to pay off my debt ASAP and then to finish off my Real emergency fund (which is finally over 4,000 dollars!)

by March I should have both accounts fully funded. =) From here were going to be stocking away the big bucks to go towards finding my new place [i'll need furniture money, deposit, first months rent, etc.] So it's a race against the clock because i'd rather not just "rent a room" but actually be able to get with the program and go.

I'm hoping my Tax refund will help keep me on target so i can move during June into my permadent place instead of having to find a room for just 1-2 months while i finish stocking away the cash.

I'm ultimately hopeing I won't have to live by myself (since the one apt complex i can afford won't allow a furry companion)... and I'm really hopeing that the roommates I have lined up will pan out. It's always hard when nothing is concrete... to be honest, if we don't get the one place were looking into, it might not happen due to finances on their part. So lets all cross our fingers as we wait for the relator to get back from vacation to talk about renting the house that's for sale... and praying that the owner will let us do it for $2,000

No comments:

Post a Comment