Friday, November 16, 2007

I was interviewed again for an article!

A few of you may know that I was interviewed before by Mia Dunleavey of MSN Money for an article she wrote about Saving back in July:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/SaveMoney/HowToSaveTwoHundredThousandInSixMonths.aspx

well, She called me up again and she's going to use me for another article!!! WOOT. This time we talked about budgets. The article posts on the wed after thanksgiving so i'll post a link here.

As I was thinking about budgets, i thought for funzies that i'd see how my numbers stack against the 60% solution. and holy cow... my committed expenses are finally there!

Committed Expenses: 56.96%
  • Groceries 170, basic home 45, gas and car 200, electric and cell 100, invisiline minimum payment 123, laundry money 20, rent 600.

Retirement: 4.5% [not including the 1% i pay and the 7% the Council pays... that makes it around 12%]

  • 100 roth

Fun Money: 2.26%

  • 50 for whatever i fancy

Long Term Savings: 9.84%

  • Emergency Fund 119.16 +98.16, House dp 50

Short Term/Debt Repayment 24.13%

  • Insurance money 127, gifts fund 50, debt repayment 356

1 comment:

  1. I happned upon your blog by way of numerous links and want to take the time to say a huge 'Thank you'!

    I have since linked to the Network IQ site. What an eye opener that has been. I'm not in as bad shape as I thought, but I know I could and should be in a better financial place than I am.

    Good luck to you in realizing your financial goals. I'm off to set some of my own!!!

    ReplyDelete