Monday, October 22, 2007

some administrative changes




In keeping with the simplifying of my finances... and the fact that I can't keep commit to a single decision i make lately... i'm changing things again because I need to feel secure... and right now I don't feel secure.... I'll start small with a confession.

I was sad to see my Future W fund since the "future" is so uncertain. So i got rid of it. I rolled the money over into my House Downpayment fund. Who knows when it will come back, but for now its one less account to worry about... and to think about.



I also decided that I would rather have my Real Emergency Fund larger then maxing out my Roth. I'm 21... I can wait a little bit before I aim to Max out my Roth... and right now I think i'll feel better knowing that I'll have a true Emergency Fund if an emergency comes my way. Inorder to do this, I had to revamp the budget. I broke it down by Paycheck on one of the sidebars, but here's what I ended up with:

  1. Groceries $170.00
  2. Basic Home Stuff $45.00
  3. Gas and Car $200.00
  4. Electric and Cell Bill $100.00
  5. Insurance [car+ renters] $127.00
  6. Fun Money $50.00
  7. Roth IRA $100.00
  8. Emergency Fund $217.32
  9. Invisiline $379
  10. Gifts Fund $50.00
  11. Laundry $20.00
  12. Rent $600.00
  13. House Dp Fund $50.00

I have $100 left over at the end of each month to help with Holiday shopping and random end of the year expenses.

Financial Priorities for the remaining bit of 2007:

  • Bring Emergency Fund as close to $5,000 as possible
  • Focus on eliminating my last debt AKA "the Invisiline"-- I can't move out or begin to save to move out with this taking $379.00 a month and I think i'll feel better when its gone.
  • Keep my Roth contributions at least $100.00 a month and put at least $2,000 in my Roth for 2007.

~*~*~*~*~*~54 Days Until I Graduate College! ~*~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment