Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A possible January "raise?"

So i came to work today and found a very pleasent e-mail. The e-mail was informing me that my employerer is going to council to propose a change in my benifit tier. I'm currently a 3 tier employee which in the land of benifits means that any leftover benifit money can be added into my paycheck for half the value. I currently get $134.50 a paycheck in cafeteria cash [$269.00 a month]

They want me to be a 2 tier employee. This means i get the whole amount of unused benifits added into my paycheck. $207.18 a paycheck [414.37 a month]... that's a nice chunk of change... hope they pass it! It would start in January. i also chose KP over Blue shield because they jacked up the rates and i'm not thrilled with my Doc... plus my apt is right across the street from a KP.

In other financial happenings:
The individual price to buy more shares of my ROTH is finally above all my purchase prices that i've made since i got it. It's current value sits at $1,532.43 woot. =) I'm not adding this change in to my networth [i only add actual contribution amounts] but it makes me smile.

Friday is also payday so i'll see what i'm actually making a month without estimating.... we'll see how off my skills were.

My sister's birthday is in December, but she had me buy her birthday present yesterday cause it was on sale from an online store. Luckily for me, my electric bill is running on the small side this month and so the $100 bucks i allot toward my cell and the electric bill is going to help offset this amount.

I still need to come up with $25.08 to cover the rest.... but i turned in some gas reciepts from work for just around that amount... plus i'll have the checks from my roommates to cover their part of the electric bill [i pay it and budget to pay the whole thing, then they pay me their share]. So it looks like i'll be a-okay.

I need to keep this month in line as much as possible financially because i need to purchase my passport... and i'm house sitting for someone for a week and a half and its going to take me more gas and what not to get to work and school then normal.

I'm hoping if i watch it i'll be able to get the passport, cover my sister's present, and throw some more money at the ROTH.

~*~*~*~*~*~66 Days Until I Graduate College! ~*~*~*~*~*~

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the tier change...I hope it goes through for you!

    ReplyDelete