Saturday, September 1, 2007

You wouldn't believe yesterday if i told you...



So... I get a call from my roommate D about something important... her friend moving in with us... [a fellow co-worker who i've met who seems nice... and who recently decided not to go to school, but stay up here... ergo... she doesn't have roommates or a place and has been crashing with friends, but really wants to have a place of her own were she's not inconviencing anyone]

after some chit chat over the phone, i told her that we should all sit down together and talk this over together...

well, after some heated debate over some things... and to be honest... i'm not sure i really liked our conversation very much... I felt as though it had to be D's way exactly or she'd do it anyways.... or at least that was the way it came across and I told her so...

but on a positive note [because the moving conversations negativity had nothing to do with B...] B's moving in!!!!!

Actually, we're all doing a little moving...well it already happenened last night but.... I'm taking the smaller bedroom because i didn't feel right about them sharing the little one, and i'm keeping my own bathroom and gargage for $600 a month!!! [i just cut off $200 in rent!] Here's how my logical self "sold the deal" to the others

  • Rent for me is $510, plus $50 to park in a space, $40 more for that space to be the garage
  • Rent for D is $400, plus $50 to park in the space
  • Rent for B is $400, and nadda to walk from behind the apt complex.

Financially, i feel really good about this situation.

I'm paying more to have my own room and bath but still paying porportionally the same as before... which after explaing how i came up with these numbers was the only way to break D who just wanted to split her original rent in half with B in the smaller room.

Before i was essentially paying $40 more for the better parking... and $110 more for the master... Now i'm paying $40 more for better parking and $50 to have parking... and $110 for the ability to have my own room. Essencially the same!

So last night D and I flopped rooms... I'm on 3 hours of sleep and i'm at work... i'm going to write a 5 page paper hopefully at work after i read the book the paper is on... busy day eh? [i'm also helping the bf move into his place today too! and putting stuff were it belongs in my casa] B's stuff is getting brought in from San Diego today.

Looks like i have some more cash... cash to save towards my master's maybe? Since i have to do it in a 3 years... which means i'll be paying for every other symester myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment