Friday, September 21, 2007

money... and accounts....what to do with it all?


Okay, I'm finally getting my tuition cash back from my colleges [woot!!!]... and I'm facing a little bit of a "me" dilemma..
I'd really love to simplify all my accounts, especially with interest rates changing after the fed made their rate move....
Part of me is just tired of having X amount of accounts at Emigrant, X accounts at IGO... etc. and watching each of the accounts bearly grow just a little bit here and there because the capital is all spread around. So while i did mention putting the money into a Tuition account, its not going there anymore.
I've decided to put the money into my Emergency Fund to simplify everything. So, the money remaining in my tuition fund will move there, and the refunds as they come in.
This will be a huge bump in my emergency fund... around $2,000 when i count in all the money remaining in the old tuition account and the refunds. I won't be counting this money towards my annual savings goal tho. I'm going to round up and say i need to find $50.00 more by the end of the year, plus the regular $100 a month contributions. This should all be accomplished by the end of the month because i have that $200 in extra rent to play with too.
Okay, time to change settings and move some money around.

No comments:

Post a Comment