Saturday, September 8, 2007

Hello Reality... But i'll welcome you with a smile not a frown



My living situation is working out for the time being [thank God!!!!] Me and D are playing nice for now... and frankly I love living with B so all's good there!

But, and yes there always seems to be a but... I guess our personalities don't match up as well as i wish they did.... The reality check hit me the other day when i was looking at some stuff on-line... mainly apartments and condos.... Aug 1st i have no home because I'm not resigning the lease.

Unless by some marvel of miracles something happens to come my way, like if D moves out and B wants to stay.... It's time for another change and adventure in my life, living on my own own.

The taste of independence has left its mark so I won't be moving back home. That and when i went over there to bum the internet off for an hour or so to submit an assignment, i found myself wondering why i didn't just go to a cafe, order a cup of coffee and use their free wi-fii. [which i made a mental note to do from now on after that lovely encounter from my sibling. I'm not really returning her phone calls unless she leaves a message and needs something.]

I guess the drama never really goes away... but how you deal with it can. So I'm choosing to look at this as an opportunity. I now have 10 months to find a place to call my casa. And while I know it will be a little lonely living alone, i think i'm going to PLAN to live alone, and if something changes, well then its icing.

Starting in January [i'm going to enjoy the flexibility of my budget until then and have a little fun here and there-- I believe I deserve it!] I'm going to be cutting back on the spending to get used to paying more in rent. Kind of what i did before i moved out by sending the money to my car payment. But this time i'll get to keep it and earn interest off it...
  • Groceries $140.00
  • Car Insurance $110.00
  • 3 Month Emergency Fund $25
  • Renters Insurance $17.00
  • Basic Necessities $45.00
  • Roth IRA $100.00
  • Gas and Auto Maint $200
  • Rent $600.00
  • Utilites $50.00
  • Cell Phone $50.00
  • Fun money $50.00
  • Braces fund [min 130* + 249] $379 overtime will continue to go towards this. I want it gone as soon as possible... especially since i'll need this money to afford to live on my own.
  • Holiday Gifts and Birthdays $50.00
  • House Downpayment: $25.00
  • Future Wedding: $25.00

    $336 a month will also go into my 3 month emergency fund so i get used to paying $936.00 total in "rent". I'll use this money for the security deposit, first and last, refrigerator and couch. Then my braces money, once paid off, will take me to $1,315.

I might take more then a symester off before i get my masters. We'll have to see when i actually get my money back from my school.

*The new bill indicates that the min. payment is now $130.00 a month, not $134 anymore... guess it goes down each month as i pay off the balance...

No comments:

Post a Comment