Friday, September 14, 2007

Car Insurance

okay, so... it dawned on me today that i'm not a student after december... which means i won't get a student discount on my car insurance plan...

if they send me a letter for my current status... i'm gonna owe the difference... if they don't, i'm good... [she said they might not send one a second time... but i doubt it] but the difference will be around $100 bucks... So after thinking a few minuets... i called again and raised my deductible from $250 to $750... and the rebate should cover the difference if i loose the discount... at that time they might be able to figure out a quote for me for the next year so i can make sure i'm saving enough for it a month.

2 comments:

  1. You may be able to get an "alumni" discount. I got one the year after I graduated. I also took a $55 defensive driving course with AAA and it equaled a 15% deduction in my insurance and it's good for 3 years - since in NJ I'm paying about 1,400 a year, it was totally worth it. God Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... that's a good idea... i'll see what they pop up with.

    but for now i needed to make sure that i wasn't gonna get a bill for something astronomical...

    ReplyDelete