Saturday, July 7, 2007

i took the plunge!!! i applied for the new credit card from American Express... Clear......Why did i need another Credit Card?
  • i shop at costco...
  • i get gas there...
  • they don't take Visa or MasterCard... unless its a debit card...
  • frankly... i like rewards points
  • i like my money to earn interest
  • O.00% apy for 6-12 months
If i spend 2,500... i get $25.00 American Express Gift Card... and i'm game with that! Plus there's no interest, so if i wanted to cary a balance and leave some cash in a high yield savings account... i can... it gives me a braces option too... and no over the limit fees so if i get it interest free for a year... i might as well stick the braces/invisaline on there..... and call it an interest free loan.

It gives me more options and its definently better then the nothing i was getting before!

So, starting in Aug... maybe baby steps in July... I'm going to try to earn more interest by leaving my money in my accounts longers.

I figure since i'm almost debt free... it would be smart to really look into savings and making my money really work well for me.

2 comments:

  1. that card is awesome.

    i also have the Citi Dividends car, where you earn some money from spending. About an extra 1% for most purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also have a 2% cash back CC that i use for everything... but Costco won't take it, lol.

    ReplyDelete