Saturday, July 14, 2007

i go banking dot com

Apparently i'm taking a lot of chances lately in the land of finance... in the last couple of months I've cashed in bonds, opened a Roth IRA, got a new credit card, got an interest free loan for a year... and now i opened a new savings account online!!! cause i never do anything simple....

I was browsing Bankrate.com looking for a better savings account... and I stumbled upon igobanking.com ... since i've been looking for a way to have a high yield savings account connected to my ING ELECTRIC checking account [in an effort to one day only use Bank of america to pay my freeking rent only...] this means i needed to find a way to get away from Emigrant Direct because its linked to Bank of America... which sounds bad... because i've never had a problem with them and only problems with BOFA... but I can't add ING to emigrant because that requires a paper check to do so for verification sense...

So i'm going to try out IgoBanking.com.... no fee's, no minimums, FDIC insured... 5.30% APY... the only catch... 6 withdrawls a month... but i can handle that! I'm going to fund the account with $200.00 from Bank of America [leaving that buffer to only $200!] and slowly take my future emergency fund there.

If i like it and its user friendly enough, then i'll slowly withdraw my accounts at Emigrant Direct and move them to igobanking.com... if it works out, I will have found a way to increase the interest i earn from my own money!!!

2 comments:

  1. I want to know how this goes. I absolutely hate Emigrant Direct now and am ready to switch to a new online bank!

    ReplyDelete