Sunday, June 10, 2007

a poll for y'all

okie dokie, i could really use your advice out there.

I wanted an acurate net worth, so i opened my safe and ran the numbers through a website that calculates the value of your savings bonds.

In the process i discovered that my bonds are only earning 2-4.3% in interest... which considering inflation and the high rates that can be found on the net... doesn't see too impressive... So i've decided to open up the blog for some nice advice and hopefully some responses.

here are how my choices would effect me:

  1. If i don't cash them in, no harm, no foul... and my money does earn some interest and will for like 20 years or something like that.
  2. if i put them in a CD i'll get more back in interest and its still harder to access the money and i can decide in a year or 6 months what i want to use the money for
  3. i can add it to my 3 month emergency fund in a high yield account... of which the goal $6,000 since i make around 2,000 a month
  4. put it in my roth... and get tax free on all the earnings it accumulates. and this might motivate me to try and seriously take a stab at maxing out the sucker.
  5. use it to pay off most of my auto loan at 8.25%... it would bring it down to 600.00 or so which could be paid off in less then 2 months... and then i could focus of my Roth
  6. use the money to start my braces fund in a high yield savings account

So what do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment