Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Future money plans

I took the rest of my bond money and stuck it in my Roth... each share was worth a little less then what i originally paid and i'm just hoping it will eventually go back up... but overtime i should get something, lol.

Anyways, with the end of my car payments in sight, knowing myself i've gone ahead and created a new budget which i get to implement september 1st! I figure if i'm already thinking about what i need to do with everything ahead of time that it should make it easier to transition... plus at this time there isn't much that's changing... but at least I've also got a game plan for my future!!!
  • OLD Budget:__________________________NEW Budget
  • Groceries $140.00---------------------$140.00
  • Car Insurance $110.00-----------------$110.00
  • Roth IRA $50.00-----------------------$280.00***
  • Renters Insurance $17.00---------------$17.00
  • Basic Necessities $45.00---------------$45.00
  • Car Payment $300.00---------------------$0.00***
  • 3 month emergency $0.00----------------$50.00***
  • Gas and Auto Maint $200---------------$200.00
  • Rent $800.00--------------------------$800.00
  • Utilites $50.00------------------------$50.00
  • Cell Phone $50.00----------------------$50.00
  • Offering $50.00------------------------$50.00
  • Fun money $50.00-------------------=---$50.00
  • $184 left unbudgeted------------------$204.00***

I'll use the unbudgeted money and overtime, [and windfalls] to put towards my braces. The only other focus i'll have during this time is starting back up up my Special Day fund that way i'll have motivation to do the dishes and curb the budgetted money. if i happen to get a month with 3 paychecks while i'm still in braces savings mode, $820.00 will go into my Roth IRA... anything after that i'll apply to my dental work. If i go invisiline i need all the money upfront, if i go typical braces i can probably get a payment plan. Depending on how much they all cost and how long i'd have to wear them will be a huge factor. I'll go in July to get a quote for the invisiline [i need my wisdom teeth holes to fill in as much as they can before i go and that's when my coupon expires.]

Once my braces are saved up i'll take $100.00 a month and set it aside for a new car [i'm keeping my almost paid off car forever... but just incase in 10 years i need a newer one, i'll have a down payment if not enough to purchase one] The other $100.00 will go to building the second emergency fund, increasing monthly payment to $150.00 At this point overtime will either go to a house down payment, or if i decide to stay and teach, to paying for my credential.

No comments:

Post a Comment