Wednesday, June 13, 2007

a few things and I see the finish line

Savings Bonds: I started to cash in my savings bonds... I won't use them for my auto loan, or braces... or an emergency fund... but i'm still teatering back and forth between putting the money in my Roth right away and keeping it in a high yield savings account for a while. Part of me is unsure where the market is heading and i even if i stick it in an account at emigrant, it will still earn more there then as a bond. Either way, i believe a good move the way numbers are considered.
ING Direct: is offering a 1% cash back on non pin purchases... so for the 2 months of the promo period, i'm going to pay my auto loan out of ING instead of using my bank of america account. This also means i'll get 1% back on my credit card purchases! I'll take this and put it at my auto loan for kicks and giggles.
My sister's EDU: I also told my sister i won't be giving her any money a month for her education. She refuses to stop shopping, lives rent free at my mom's... and makes the same i do... I just don't think its right for me to scrimp and save and work so hard to let her take that $50.00 a month and still go shopping with it. She's gonna have to do this one on her own... which brings me to this:
that FINISH LINE I SEE : With the discovery that i can cut back on my electric bill [$50] and that i'm not paying for my sis's edu [$50] i now have $185 unbudgetted each month before overtime and what-have-yous... so hopefully i can send this to my car each month... which will change my pay off schedule a bit on my car because My August extra check should be $880 with the raise (or more if my annual raise is included in that) and i can guarantee an extra 100 a month [electric bill and sisters edu] to go to my car (i'm leaving the 85 unbudgeted incase birthdays pop up and the like... if its not used at the end of the month i'll send it to my car)

So when my car's paid off... that free's up 485 a month!!!! yeah!!! Here's the new pay off schedule.
  • June: $1,899.64
  • July: $1,512.70
  • August: $243.1o
  • September: $0.00 Paying $244.77

HOLY COW!!!! i'm hoping i can wipe out the September payment if i can pick up more hours or be more frugal with my budget. I can't believe i knocked off 2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment