Wednesday, May 30, 2007

the month is over

well, the month of May has finally ended... i paid my first month of rent to the landlord... wasn't too too bad. I have 13 more months until the lease is up, but i'm very happy in my apartment. In the land of organization, i think i really like my electronic envelope system. It was nice not to have to pine back and forth over a lot of little things to try and remember how much i had already spent... instead i was able to just "look at" what was left.
=D

With the month now over, I took half the money from some of my "envelopes" (grocery, basic necessities, bills, and fun.... (not gas)) and stuck it into a "Special Day" account... (i'm not telling y'all what that's for) but because my electric bill was so low (it had 8 days on it with no cooking and no fridge plugged in) I ended up with about 50 bucks in there when i combined a few bucks here and there from the accounts. A decent start i think because i won't need this money for awhile. I also decided that the meager $41.00 a month in "savings" that's worked into the budget will go towards a 3 month stockpile of cash (a goal of 6000). Once my car is paid off i'll have 300 dollars more a month to put towards some other goals... retirement, more dental work... etc...

I still have no idea what my take home pay is going to be each month or how much that new raise of mine will really effect things. It seems no matter what i do, something happens on one of my paychecks and it sends everything slightly wacky.. but most of the time its a blessing in disguise so i'm not complaining there.... Lately i'm been turning down overtime. As my debt gets smaller and smaller, a large part of me is getting weary from working 13 hour days... My boss asked me to work friday, but my friends want me to do a dinner at their house... i'm doing dinner at their house. It just isn't worth the extra 100 bucks to wake up at 4:30am... stay at work till after 1:00pm... drive home... then come back at 4:00pm and stay till 9:00pm....... it might be different if it was a day i already had off... but i think i'm done working doubles.... working on a day off is definently not out of the question... but i can't keep killing myself with these long butt hours. The last couple of days where i've had time off have been really nice. sure i've been lazy... but i think part of that was because classes are finally done and i had to recover from my wisdom teeth.

But i have to admit, i'ts nice to get a full 8 hours of sleep... i have no idea how i functioned the last symester... part of me wonders if i'll be able to do it again when fall term starts... i have a feeling i won't be able to. Which means i really need to focus to make my life a little easier on me and attempt to hit all like 7 books i have to read for my course on China...

I also haven't started my second job yet, and the way its going... i'm not sure she's gonna really need me... if she doesn't need me, i might not get a different job... even tho i have a lot of saving goals once i'm done paying off my car. the payoff schedule changed slightly. I guess i sent them more then i thought i would.

  • May: 2414.89
  • June: 2131.49
  • July: 1846.15
  • August: 758.84 (an addition paycheck month)
  • September: 464.06
  • October: 167.25
  • November: 0.00 ----------> paying 168.40


No comments:

Post a Comment