Monday, April 16, 2007

So much spending

I had to buy crap for my place... and i spent over $200!!!!! I took my friend beth with me and she talked me out of some non essentials... and some better buys luv her! I wanted to make sure i wasn't getting anything i didn't need to keep inline with my no shopping for a year with the exception of stuff for the new place.....I took the cash for this stuff out of the moving out fund. I still need cleaning supplies, tp, etc and i'm getting that with my basic necessities money for the month.

at Target: 185.04
  • 4 hand towels ---> i got hand towels that matched the towels i bought... all on sale, and i didn't get the matching face cloths because those were not necessary... but you need to dry ur hands, and i got 4 because i have to use laundry mats, so having a few eliminates laundry load days.
  • flatware tray---> cause i have flatware and i don't want to get cut when i go looking for a spoon
  • 4 large bath towels ---> thin so they fit into the laundry machine here, but i needed more. I only had like 4 towels and i used a lot of my mom's.
  • Toilet rug---> see below
  • bathroom rug---> because water on the floor isn't sanitary... and mats can be cleaned. i didn't get the toilet covers... those arn't a necessity.
  • colander---> cause i cook and value not being burned alive.
  • microwave---> cause i manly use it everyday
  • 12 face cloths---> bough cheap o ones that were tan for 3 bucks for all of them...
  • can opener---> need i say more
  • tumbler set---> i needed drinking glasses... got 12 for 7 dollars... and they are nice... i have large plastic ones for the boys.
  • 38 piece tupperware set---> cause this makes cooking easier and meals cheaper to cook in bulk
  • 2 flat ware sets---> i have plates for 8... so i got forks spoons, etc for 8... which is a normal amount of people i have come over once aweek
  • peeler---> cause some stuff needs to be peeled... i passed on a cheese grater... because i mainly buy my cheese already graded.
  • 2 cutting boards---> meat and fruit/veg
  • toaster---> cause i freeze my bread so it doesn't go bad..
Big Lots: 18.83
  • Mop--> to clean the floors the old fashioned way
  • mop replacement head---> to i can continue to
  • toilet brush---> duh
  • dish dryer stand thingy --> so i don't have to use the dish washer... which costs electricity
  • kitchen trashcan---> cause trash can is more sanitary then a leaky bag.

Cleaning supplies to be bought at COSTCO and the store.

1 comment:

  1. Check out dollar stores for cleaning supplies. They frequently have name brands or very similar products. You'll save a ton of money that way.

    ReplyDelete