Wednesday, January 31, 2007

ummm

I had my first scare today in the land of credit cards. i almost made a mistake that could have been costly.... i almost went over my credit card limit.

I forgot that i charged my cingular cell phone bill to my amazon CC to get the points.... well today i switched the billing to my electric orange account (because I thought that it was going to come out of my Bofa account).... and when you change your auto bill pay method, you have to pay your bill... so i told them to use my card on file, thinking it was my bank of america debit card.... nope... it was my amazon CC... the same card i charged my tuition on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but when i had them charge my tuition, i had them put 100 on my debit card to make sure i didn't go over.... (i have an available limit of 10 dollars right now)

all for points toward a giftcard.... since my new cc hasn't come in the mail yet...



I wonder how well I can play this cash back game. I need to be a bit more careful next time.... but i'm honestly not too worried.I know there is a cap on how much I can get back a year... I forget how much... [but if I hit that limit, I can always switch back to my chase amazon credit card... or get another cashback offer card.] and I know I need to charge something every month as well... which won't be hard since my cell is an on-going monthly payment...


Speaking of getting stuff for free by paying with plastic.... By the end on this next billing cycle for my chase amazon CC... i'll have another 25 dollar giftcard certificate! WOnder what I should get?


=D

No comments:

Post a Comment