Friday, January 12, 2007

a little bit of everything

Text books: One of my professors posted books for my government and politics class... and i saved money buying used!!!!!
  • The school wanted $38.80 for a used book... amazon.com marketplace used 5.40
  • another used book the school wanted $60.00.... amazon.com marketplace used for 45.00

with shipping the total came to $57.38 which i'm transfering out of my Emigrant account. 3 classes are done now... just 2 classes left... i need to call my college about that independent study class...

Aol: They hung up on me... i called and i went through the automated responses and i got "we can't help you right now... goodbye.." apparently i have to wait till after 8am... so i'll make and eat breakfast now...

I called back... and cancelled... but the teller was really annoying. oh well... no aol bill for me. Hopefully i'll be able to get away with giving my sis the $10 bucks a month and using her net... its way faster and way more reliable. woot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ lots of little tasks to hopefully do today~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

i have a small bag of things i need to drop by the good will tonight... i always take the standard deduction because i don't want to mess around with itemizing.... and after i'm done with college... i think i'll be able to do my own taxes.... but until then i go and get them done because its easier.

I need to go to the bank after i work out today to deposit the Disneyland money so i can go ahead and pay for my dentist bill. I stuck it on my CC so that i could get some of the points and hopefully score another gift card to use soon... which i won't be using to buy clothes because i'm on sabadical... (i love this little reminder to break away from societal trends)

I also got a refund from my work from driving my car around... its only like 4.00 but meh... its going to the auto loan once i cash it in... and if i have time i might change in some of the bottles i have lying around the house just so its slightly more going to my car.. but that's a maybe.

I also need to get gas at a different place today. I normally buy my gas at costco cause its cheaper... but i have a $20 visa gift card from Blake that i "used" [to buy the hats and shirts for football] ... but i couldn't actually pay with the gift card... so i need to go to a real station... walk in... tell them $20 bucks... so i can clear the card and not come up $20 from the budget... meh!

I also start my dance class tonight with Heather. It should be fun... and i'm excited to learn too. I'm just hoping i don't have to buy any stuff for the class... i have leather soled shoes already [my cowboy boots] and heather might have a pair of jazz shoes if i need them [they'll be too big tho and i'll have to wear thick socks... which i already own because of line-dancing... i'll make due... no clothes shopping for a year.]

No comments:

Post a Comment