Wednesday, January 17, 2007

laptop bag...and new CC... and crapy city hall

So... i picked up the free laptop bag... and my laptop is too big for it... by at least an inch............( But i think i have a friend who can use one... ) and i talked to Blake last night and i think he might have an extra if his brother didn't get rid of his old one because he got a new one for x-mas too... apparently a trend my family didn't pick up on.... but i got totally spolied so i'm going to shut up now.

Any who... I think i might apply for a Mastercard. I only carry 2 VISA's right now [bank of America VISA... and CHASE Amazon VISA] . I also have a debit card VISA and when i get my activation stuff... my electric orange checking account/debit card will be a mastercard. But i've been looking for a better offer on a CC... and i got an offer in the mail... its with a 2% cash back on anything.... no annual fee... and you can get the "cash-back" in increments of $25.00.... (they send it in a check and i can use it everywhere) I'll keep my Amazon one just for amazon purchases ( i got 1% back on everything... 3% back on Amazon purchases...) but the reward was an amazon gc... and most of the stuff i buy online is cheaper elsewhere... like half.com... or sometimes e-bay.... I would save the giftcards for textbooks because its always hit or miss... and you can use them in the market place too... but i want a better reward... I want to milk the system... lol...And since i know how to use CC's to my advantage... i'm game. (never carried a balance in my life.)


Blake also fixed the wireless router at my house... no internet bill for me now! woot.


I get paid on friday and i'm excited to see what my new income will be with the city wide raise... ***crosses fingers***

But i'm also worried... its been 2 months since my 6-month employee review... and i'm supposed to get a 3% raise.... and my review raise hasn't even processed yet... its just sitting on someone's desk at city hall!!!!!!!!!!

i've sent out emails.... heck... today i emailed my supervisors supervisor and my supervisor and the guy who filled the paperwork out on time!!!! if i don't here anything about... i'm calling Kelly Doyles office... the big cheese... and the boss of the guy/girl who has had my review on their desk.... for 2 months

It's just not fair.... i know i'm getting a small bump in income because i had to sign papers awknowledging the city wide raise... (they can get that out on time)... and there was an astrik indicating that my hourly rate will change once the LATE progress review had been cleared...

I know they will retro pay me for what i should have been making these last few months.... but they will add it to one of my paycheck so more taxes will be taken out....

BUT COME ON... 2 freeking months... this is just ridiculous....

2 comments:

  1. Is the credit card you're referring to a Citicard? If you've decided that all the other terms of that card are good for you, grab that card! I get 2% back on mine too, but I get the rewards in $50 increments, not $25!

    Hope your raise comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think its a citi card... but i'm going to call them and set it up... i just havn't found the time.... but i love the 25 dollar increments!


    (i'm hoping the raise comes soon... my boss isn't sure if they are doing 6month raises anymore... one said they do... the other one says they don't.)

    ReplyDelete