Friday, January 5, 2007

holy cow money updates and opportunities!

Electric Orange:
So, ING decided to make a checking account... with nice interest... and i'm game. I like the fact that there's a free atm near by if i need cash in an emergency... which was why I kept my cash at Bofa savings... one online transfer and i was done... not a 3-4 day wait to make it clear with the savings accounts. This way if i have an emergency, need new tires for the car or whatever, i can go and get cash out, or use my card as a debit card... its perfect! And i'll finally have a card with a mastercard logo... incase i land myself somewhere that doesn't accept VISA. So I'm going to slowly treat that account as my "Emergency savings account." So i took $200.00 from my Bofa savings account and i'm moving it over to the ING checking as a test run... I figure i'll slowly flow the money here, but keep some in the savings acocunt at bofa too... I need to make sure i like this one, lol. Who knows... maybe one day i'll be bofa free...

Overtime:
Payday! While i haven't see the actual stub yet, I know that the flat hours worked will not equal $1,000 alone since these are hours i worked in dec... before the pay raise... but i have overtime that i'm using to balance it to $1,000. In addition, there's $134.32 that's over the 1,000 so its going to the car loan.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
now for more updates:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It looks like half my paycheck is officially allotted out. I'll wait till all of this clears before i make a real "payment" (meaning part of the 1156) towards my car. It will probably be only around $400.00 for the first check and the larger bullet from the second. That way i have some cash for fun and gas without dipping below my "zero." (the zero pad=$500 and its in my checking account.) Plus i have that $129 from last month that i'm saving towards some dental work... but i'll find out more about that on Tuesday when i pay my dentist a visit.

I really like putting all my cash in the savings accounts with the first check I get to make sure that i actually do it. I know in the long term it could dent more in interest over the life of the loan... but this way if i make budget errors, i'm pulling from other categories like "fun" instead of "savings" to make sure i make my auto loan payment. But i won't make errors... *wink*

Short Term Savings- Monthly Goal= $90.00 Total in accounts $767.74
  • $25.oo auto transfer bof a
  • $65.00 Manual transfer bof a
  • [$200 moved to ING Electric Checking @3%APR... i might as well make part of my money work harder!]

Auto Loan-Monthly Goal= $1156.00 Total Sent: $146.91

  • Recycle: $9.52
  • Overtime check 1: $134.32
  • Extra Bill Money: $3.07

Car Insurance: Monthly Goal= $100.00

  • Paid to ING Savings Account

Offering: Monthly Goal= $94.00 [not 10% but its a start...]

  • I'll take it out of my bank today and out it in an envelope in my wallet

Fun Money: Monthly Goal= $70.00 or less Spent: $5.05 Left $64.95

  • I saw my friend Scott play bass at a coffee shop so i got some java and a muffin... more fun then grocery even though it was food...

Long term savings (moving out) Monthly Goal= $30

  • $30 sent to Emigrant direct
Bills: Monthly Goal= $60 or less Spent $9.95, left $3.07---> Goes to Auto Loan
  • Aol Internet $9.95 [I'm going to call and cancel AOL on Monday... I didn't use it at all last month and i told my sis i'd give her $10 bucks a month to use the high speed she has because i only use it for small stuff... she was cool with it... so upgrade for me! and bye bye AOL!
  • Cingular $46.98 ----> Just a note, for those of you TEXT MESSAGERS out there, Cingular is upping their text message fees to 15cents a message (unless u have a plan) I noticed this memo on my bill... (i never go over my allotment, but its something to note)

Food: Spent $84.27; Left $65.73

  • Water + redeption value 4.69 +1.60
  • v-8 + redeption value 12.99 +96
  • Bananas 1.30
  • Triscuits 4.99
  • meatballs 10.99
  • Pasta sauce 6.59
  • hot dogs 7.99
  • chicken sandwitches 9.29
  • yogart 7.49
  • Brown Rice 4.99
  • Chicken pot pie .48
  • Chicken pot pie .48
  • Chicken pot pie .48
  • Chicken pot pie .48
  • Chicken pot pie .48
  • Honey mustard dressing 1.50
  • peanut butter 1.99
  • canned lite pears 1.00
  • canned lite pears 1.00
  • eggplant chicken meal free with coupon
  • mushrooms 2.49

Basic Necessities: Spent $1.73 Left $48.27

  • toothpaste 1.73 (coupon plus an extra buck off...)

Gas: Spent $34.60; Left $165.40

  • Costco $34.60

No comments:

Post a Comment